Site news

Year 7 Lancashire Cup Final

Picture of Mrs Brice
Year 7 Lancashire Cup Final
by Mrs Brice - Monday, 28 March 2011, 9:12 AM

Big Congratulations  to the Year 7 Boys who won the Lancashire cup on Saturday beating 3 other teams to the title. 
The morning had not started well as I was informed that Jack Little (the goalkeeper) was ill and would not be making the tournament.  Thankfully, to my relief, our centre defender, Carl Kenyon, doubles up as goalkeeper when Jack is not available. 

The first game was to be played against Park High School and, although their midfielder was almost as big as me, he was not affecting our total football approach to the tournament.  Unity finished the game winning 5-0 - Luke Jordan scoring 2 and Bobby Carter picking up a hat trick.  Thankfully Carl, in goal, didn't touch the ball thanks to some good defending from Ross Sykes.

The next game saw us playing Ormskirk who had won their first game.  The boys played some delightful football, winning 3-0, with Bobby Carter getting one, Luke Jordan also on the score sheet and Andrew Stott scoring the pick of the goals.

The last game of the tournament saw us playing Corpus Christi and as long as we didn't lose by 5 goals we would win the tournament.  This gave Amrit and Connor a chance to get some playing time.  At half time it looked like we might throw it away, losing 2-0, but in the second half the boys played some good football, not letting Corpus get out of their own half.  The final score finished 2-1 to Corpus, Mark Howarth getting one back for us.

The Boys played the best football in the tournament and were the stand out team and fully deserved the title.  Congratulations to Carl Kenyon, Ross Sykes, Jackson Boothman, Mark Howarth, Andrew Stott, Bobby Carter, Luke Jordan, Amrit Chahal and Connor Taylor.
Mr Booth