Site news

Clash of the Titans

Picture of Mrs Brice
Clash of the Titans
by Mrs Brice - Tuesday, 5 April 2011, 1:33 PM

Clash of the Titans - rugby match report

The challenge requested by Ben Stockdale, year 7 captain, issued to the year 8 team was well met by the year 8 captain, Jimmy Farrow, and his squad of brutes. Unfortunately due to the challenge not being taken up by most year 7's we were in a position where 4 year 7's would have to play 9 rather large year 8's - 5 of them play for the town team! Realising that I did not wish the brave year 7's who turned up to join my list of injuries I decided to award the year 8's the win (50 points to nil).

The teams were then evenly divided between 9 year 8's, 4 year 7's and 1 year 9. 14 vs 14 on a full sided pitch allowed Scott Davies in to score the early tries and Peter brindley and Jimmy Farrow to reply for the opposition.

At the end of the 1st half the scores were 15 all. Immediately when the second half began, Jack 'I will come training next week' Conroy finally fulfilled his potential and ran over for a score. Scott 'the destroyer' Davies, made the mistake after this of uttering the words to the effect of "we won't be losing 20 - 15 for long sir" and he was right. Scarlett Morris powered her way through his team and made the score 25 - 15, teaching the young Mr. Davies that keeping your mouth shut is a precious skill.

Soon after the score was 35 - 15 with tries but that was all about to change. With a couple of players now banned from scoring, Jimmy 'ferocious' Farrow and his gang finally piles on the pressure to score 15 unreplied points with some good tackling by both sides preventing more scores.

The final score was 35 - 30 so Unity College won!!!! Training from now on will take place at Burnley Rugby Club at 10am on Sundays, see Mr. Williams for details. School training will resume from September with year 7, 8 and 9 teams entered into the emerging schools competitions. Well done to all the boys and girls who attended training and played in matches, it has been a pleasure.
Mr Williams