Site news

Geography Field Trip

Picture of Mrs Brice
Geography Field Trip
by Mrs Brice - Wednesday, 25 April 2012, 1:46 PM

Well done to the students on the recent Geography Field Trip

We have received a lovely letter from Steven Padmore at Hidden Country Field Studies praising students on their behaviour whilst on the Geography field trip.

"My name is Stephen Padmore and I run Hidden Country Field Studies.  I have just had the pleasure of spending two days with your GCSE geography students as they completed their controlled assessment in Morecambe.  They were a great credit to your school.  Attentive, polite and friendly at all times,  they  worked very hard in some cold and blowy weather.  I was particularly impressed by the very polite and professional way they interacted with members of the public when carrying out survey work.  It really did feel like working with professionals.   Other guests at the YHA in Arnside complimented them on their excellent behaviour.

I must also give praise to the two members of your staff who were excellent.  Fully prepared and organised, they had a very easy and friendly relationship with the students , laying down clear boundaries and making clear their high expectations of behaviour, work standards and involvement.  The intelligent questions that the students asked and the insightful comments they made gave testimony to the work that had gone into preparing them for their field work visit.

I see many groups of students over a year from all sorts of schools and colleges and rate your students and staff amongst the very best."

Well done to all of the students involved - it makes us very proud to get feedback like this.  Keep up the brilliant work!